The Junior League of Phoenix Annual Rummage Sale is an exciting day of bargain hunting for many shoppers in the Valley. We have many repeat shoppers year after year, some that have been coming for longer than thirty years! We recently asked our members for the best advice they would give to rummage newbies as they prepare to head to the Arizona Exhibition and State Fair this year. We have compiled these tips here for you, happy hunting!
1. Arrive early – doors open at 8am! From 8am – 12pm admission is $5.
Our doors close from 12pm – 1pm, but we reopen 1pm – 4pm and admission is FREE! Between 1pm – 4pm, all merchandise is 50% off.
2. Plan for parking. We are located at the Arizona Exposition & State Fair Exhibit Building at 18th Avenue & McDowell Road. Parking fee is $8.
3. Make a game plan! The departments will be set up per the map below. Check outs are at both ends, so check each side before you stand in a longer line.
4. Bring a wagon or bag(s) to carry all of your treasures. A limited number of bags will be available for $2 each.
5. Do you plan on buying furniture or large items? Bring appropriate transportation! We do not offer pick-up or delivery, and we also don’t hold items.
6. Check the weather and dress appropriately. You never want to be too hot or cold while shopping!
7. Get your mammogram!
Mammograms will be available the day of rummage from 8 am to 4 pm, for eligible recipients at a first come first served and are provided by Fry’s Food & Drug Store and the Desert Cancer Foundation of Arizona. Click here for more information on the mammograms offered on Rummage Sale day!
8. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask a volunteer for help! Can’t find the price of an item? Ask for help! Most volunteers will be wearing a a red apron or JLP t-shirt.
9. Be patient and open-minded, there are a ton of people doing the same thing, looking for amazing bargains while supporting for a good cause!
10. Want first dibs? Attend our Rummage Sale Pre-Sale Party on Friday, February 23. Come spend an evening on Bourbon Street as the Junior League of Phoenix presents the 81st Annual Rummage Pre-Sale Party: A Night In New Orleans.
The Pre-Party allows you to shop the sale early and will feature live music from The Triplicity Band, an interactive Photo Booth, Tarot Card readings, Riverboat games with thousands of dollars in prizes and a catered dinner with wine, beer and champagne.
*All items sold at the Rummage Sale Pre-Party are double the Sale Day price.
Saturday, February 24, 2018
8am – 4pm
|8am – 12pm||12pm – 1pm||1pm – 4pm|
|$5 Admission||Doors Close||Free Admission|
Arizona Exposition & State Fair Exhibit Building
About the Junior League of Phoenix
The Junior League of Phoenix, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization of over 1,000 women committed to the promoted voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the Valley of the Sun through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. For more than 80 years, JLP has invested almost $4.1 million in the community and contributes over 75,000 volunteer hours annually. Current League programs are structured around JLP’s focus area of “Building a Healthy Arizona.” For more information about the Junior League of Phoenix, please visit jlp.org.