Junior League of Phoenix is Fighting Hunger in the Greater Phoenix Community. Junior League of Phoenix, along with a coalition of community partners, is working towards a food secure community through access, empowerment and education. The statistics show a stark community need in this area:
- In Arizona, 979,170 people (including 348,550 children) are struggling with hunger
- 1 in 7 people struggles with hunger
- 1 in 5 children struggles with hunger
- More than 72% of SNAP participants are in families with children
- People facing hunger in Arizona are estimated to report needing $482,358,000 more per year to meet their food needs
- The average cost of a meal in Arizona is $2.89
Because JLP is invested in changing these statistics for the better, the 2020-23 community programs and partners are focused on reaching out to diverse populations about the importance of nutrition and exercise, and combating hunger issues facing Phoenix. We are proud to announce our newest community partner programs, St. Vincent de Paul and Harvest Compassion Center.