Women today are busier than ever, but want the chance to build skills, contribute to the community and develop friendships. The Junior League of Phoenix gives women these opportunities in a fun team-oriented effort. Our members also enjoy year round volunteer opportunities, engage in leadership training and make friendships that last a lifetime.
Junior League of Phoenix (JLP) empowers women through leadership training and development to take action in their community. Our members are leaders in the community and involved in hands-on opportunities to positively impact & better Phoenix. Currently we are impacting Phoenix by:
- Empowering youth to adopt healthy habits and reverse the growth of childhood obesity in Maricopa County through our Kids in the Kitchen program.
- Developing the math and science skills of pre-kindergarten children by way of our R.O.C.K.E.T.S. program (Raising Our Children’s Knowledge by Educating Through Science)
- Giving back to the community and encouraging a healthier Arizona through our annual Healthfest event.
- Providing new Harvest Compassion Center equipment and supplies for the Kids Corner, as well as food to help sustain the center.
- Supporting the Rob & Melani Walton Urban Farm and increase the amount of children served at the Ivy Wellness Center through our partnership with Saint Vincent de Paul.
Who is Eligible?
Total membership in The Junior League of Phoenix exceeds 1,000. Membership is open to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to voluntarism. Each Spring, 125 women are accepted into the Provisional new member group.
A prospective member must be a woman with an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential for voluntary community participation.
Prospective members must be at least 22 years of age. There is no maximum age.
Want to learn more? Check out this episode of Why Arizona, featuring 2018-2020 Executive Vice President Annette Tanori, talking about the benefits of being a member of the Junior League.
How to Join
Junior League of Phoenix welcomes a new class of Provisional members every spring. Each applicant is required to attend an Information Session (held early April – August) to be considered for Provisional membership. Once accepted into Junior League of Phoenix, the Provisional new member course provides education, training about the structure of Junior League of Phoenix and our role in the community. Provisional members also have the opportunity to participate in League activities, such as volunteer shifts, fundraising events and numerous social activities throughout the year. Successful completion of the Provisional new member course prepares Provisional Members for Active membership, including committee placement the following year.
Upcoming Virtual Information Sessions:
Wednesday, July 14th 1 p.m.
Sunday, July 18th 10 a.m.
Wednesday, July 21st 6 p.m.
For the virtual sessions, please register here.
Upcoming In Person Information Sessions:
Saturday, July 24th 1 p.m. at JLP Headquarters
For the in person session, please register here.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Connections: We connect to communities in need, to people we serve and to those we serve with every day.
- Training: We offer programs that train members to be outstanding community leaders and effective community leaders.
- Pursuit of Interests: We have opportunities to engage with like-minded women and pursue common interests.
- Community Impact: We take pride in our awareness of community needs and the opportunities to contribute to solutions so that we can continue to make a positive impact in the community.
- Leadership Development: We offer various opportunities for leadership development from coordinator positions to chairing committees.
- Membership Transferability: League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and England.
- New Friends and Opportunities: You have the ability to meet other like-minded women in a social and supportive settings.