Women today are busier than ever, but want the chance to build skills, contribute to the community, and develop friendships. The Junior League of Phoenix gives women these opportunities in a fun team-oriented environment. Our members also enjoy year-round volunteer opportunities, engage in leadership training and make friendships that last a lifetime.
Our next Information Sessions will take place in Spring 2024. Details will be shared in early 2024.
Junior League of Phoenix (JLP) empowers women through leadership training and development to take action in their community. Our members are leaders in the community and involved in hands-on opportunities to positively impact & better Phoenix. Currently we are impacting Phoenix by:
- Developing the math and science skills of pre-kindergarten children by way of our R.O.C.K.E.T.S. program (Raising Our Children’s Knowledge by Educating Through Science)
- Providing funding and volunteer support to help the Girl Scouts-Arizona Cactus-Pine keep their Mobile Building space filled with all the supplies girls need for an engaging learning experience with projects in construction, design, engineering, and architecture.
- Providing financial and volunteer support to leverage the current Live & Learn Empower Hour program to reach more women in the community and create and execute new workshops and activities.
Who is Eligible?
Membership is open to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in advancing women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training. A prospective member must be a woman at least 22 years of age.
How to Join
Each year, JLP welcomes a new class of Provisional members. Applicants are required to attend an in-person or virtual Information Session (held April – August). The Provisional new member education course includes training about JLP’s history, organizational structure and our role in the community. Provisional members also have the opportunity to participate in JLP activities, such as volunteer shifts, fundraising events, and numerous social activities throughout the year. After successful completion of the Provisional new member course, Provisional Members transition to Active membership, including committee placement and additional leadership opportunities.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Connections: We connect to communities in need, to people we serve and to those we serve with every day.
- Training: We offer programs that train members to be outstanding community leaders and effective community leaders.
- Pursuit of Interests: We have opportunities to engage with like-minded women and pursue common interests.
- Community Impact: We take pride in our awareness of community needs and the opportunities to contribute to solutions so that we can continue to make a positive impact in the community.
- Leadership Development: We offer various opportunities for leadership development from coordinator positions to chairing committees.
- Membership Transferability: Junior League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and England.
- New Friends and Opportunities: You have the ability to meet other like-minded women in a social and supportive settings.
Interested in joining?
Click here to learn more about joining the Junior League of Phoenix for our 2024-2025 year.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For details on transferring into the Junior League of Phoenix from a different Junior League chapter, click here.