JLP Member Spotlight: Tameka Fox
Get to know Tameka Fox! Just one of our amazing Junior League of Phoenix members in this week’s Member Spotlight.
- How many years have you been in the league? 3 years. Currently, I am a 2nd year active!
- What is your day job? I am the Executive Consultant of Legal Affairs for the Arizona Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities, Office of Administrative Review. In a nutshell I am a Disability Lawyer.
- Favorite thing to do in Phoenix? Golf!
- If you had an extra 8 hours in your day what would you do with it? I would divide the hours up and spend more time doing a healthy activity i.e. exercise, reading, volunteering, sleeping, being quiet and introspective and spending time with my family
- In your opinion what is the best thing about being a JLP member? Leadership development opportunities with like-minded women.
- Why did you join the JLP? I was looking for a group that would compliment my skills and at the same time allow me to develop more as a woman. The JLP has exceeded my expectations!
- What do you want other people to know about JLP? We are more than a volunteer organization. I want people to know that we are a network of women, who are powerful, inspiring and who are game changers in the Phoenix Community.
- Favorite JLP memory? Attending the GMM where Vicki Clark was the guest speaker. She focused on Servant Leadership. She told us how servant leaders, like those in the Junior League, are mission-driven and member focused. Vicki summed up the servant leader philosophy with one statement “If serving is below you, then leadership is beyond you.” I truly was inspired in all aspects of my life. She challenged me to find the best in others, thus bringing out the best in myself.
To learn more about the Junior League of Phoenix, visit JLP.ORG