WHAT: Hosted by the Junior League Phoenix, the 8th Annual Touch-A-Truck event is a family-friendly event that offers children a unique opportunity to explore a variety of machinery. Our 2020 Drive Thru experience will allow children to see and learn about their favorite big trucks and heavy machinery from the safety of your vehicle. Vehicles on display routinely include construction trucks, emergency responders, tractor trailers, utility trucks and a helicopter.
WHO: This is a family-friendly event.
*We are pleased to be offering a “horns-free hour” from 9:00am-10:00am for children with special needs and sensitive ears. During the horn
s-free hour, attendees will be able to enjoy the event without horn honking or disruptive noises.
WHY: The Junior League of Phoenix is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. All proceeds from Touch-A-Truck benefit local community programs and training sponsored by The Junior League of Phoenix. For more information on these programs, visit the “Community Impact” page.
SPONSORSHIP: Details on the Touch-A-Truck Sponsorship Packet will be available here soon.
- How long does the Drive Thru Touch-a-Truck experience take? We anticipate Drive Thru Touch-a-Truck will take between 30 minutes and an hour.
- How will my child “explore” the trucks? While driving through the event, children will be able to see the vehicles, trucks, and equipment up close from the car. We encourage you to roll down your windows and have as much fun from the safety of your vehicle as you would like! A link to a multimedia video with information on our vehicles, trucks, and equipment will be provided upon entrance to the event so that during the drive thru experience children are able to learn more about each vehicle. We encourage you to connect your phone to audio in your vehicle to hear all about the vehicles, trucks, and equipment. This video and other clips will remain available to you to watch over and over after you attend the event.
- Will we be allowed to get out of the vehicle? For the safety of participants and volunteers, all participants must remain inside their vehicles.
- What are the limitations of a ticket purchase? Each ticket purchase ($25 per vehicle) is valid for one vehicle to enter Drive Thru Touch-a-Truck. Bring your largest vehicle and stuff as many family members in as you see fit!
- What is included in our ticket purchase? Entrance of 1 vehicle to the event and access to our multimedia video and clips for your children to explore our vehicles, trucks, and equipment.
- May I drive through multiple times? Due to time constraints and ticketed time slots to allow as many families as possible to see this event, each ticket will only allow for one entry to the event.
- Will food and drink be available for purchase? We are working to provide access to food and drink vendors during the Drive Thru Touch-a-Truck experience. Stay tuned for more details!
- Will birthday party packages be available this year? Yes, please stay tuned for more details as we work on some great options for birthday parties that are safe for your attendees.
QUESTIONS: Please contact the Junior League of Phoenix at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.