4568 E Cactus Road
Phoenix, AZ 85032
IMPORTANT SAFETY REMINDER: Face coverings will be required for anyone in the vehicle who is interacting with JLP volunteers and Touch-A-Truck participants. Tickets can be PRE-PURCHASED online.
There will be an option to buy tickets at the door during the day of the event (credit card payments only). We will also be taking donations via credit card at the event.
WHAT: Hosted by Junior League Phoenix, the 8th Annual Touch-A-Truck event is a family-friendly event that offers children a unique opportunity to explore a variety of machinery. Our 2020 Drive Thru experience will allow children to see and learn about their favorite big trucks and heavy machinery from the safety of your vehicle. Vehicles on display routinely include construction trucks, emergency responders, tractor trailers, and utility trucks.
WHO:This is a family-friendly event.
*We are pleased to be offering a “horn-free hour” from 9:00am-10:00am for children with special needs and sensitive ears. During the horn-free hour, attendees will be able to enjoy the event without horn honking or disruptive noises.
WHY: Junior League of Phoenix is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. All proceeds from Touch-A-Truck benefit local community programs and training sponsored by The Junior League of Phoenix. For more information on these programs, visit the “Community Impact” page.
SPONSORSHIP: Details on the Touch-A-Truck Sponsorship Packet are located here.
- Goody bags will be given to all children who attend. (Note: when purchasing a ticket, please indicate the number of children that will be in the vehicle; this will help the group prepare goody bags for each child.)
- Drive-Thru Scavenger Hunt for the attendees
- JLP programs: Kids in the Kitchen, Harvest Compassion Center, and ROCKETS will all have tables set up at the drive-through event for attendees.
- Food: Attendees can pre-purchase food upon ticket purchase (just another fun way to enhance the drive-thru experience)!
- 50/50 Raffles will occur again this year! This is a great option for people who are interested in supporting the event but who don’t necessarily want to buy a ticket or attend (winners do not need to be present to win). We will also be selling raffle tickets via credit card at the event.
TRUCKS: We are anticipating various ADOT trucks, ambulances, tractor trailers, MCSO jeeps, moving vans, trash trucks, and more!
- How long does the Drive Thru Touch-a-Truck experience take? We anticipate Drive Thru Touch-a-Truck will take between 30 minutes and an hour.
- How will my child “explore” the trucks? While driving through the event, children will be able to see the vehicles, trucks, and equipment up close from the car. We encourage you to have as much fun from the safety of your vehicle as you would like! A link to audio with information on our vehicles, trucks, and equipment will be provided upon entrance to the event so that during the drive thru experience children are able to learn more about each vehicle. We encourage you to connect your phone to audio in your vehicle to hear all about the vehicles, trucks, and equipment.
- Will we be allowed to get out of the vehicle? For the safety of participants and volunteers, all participants must remain inside their vehicles.
- What are the limitations of a ticket purchase? Each ticket purchase ($25 per vehicle) is valid for one vehicle to enter Drive Thru Touch-a-Truck. Bring your largest vehicle and stuff as many family members in as you see fit!
- What is included in our ticket purchase? Entrance of 1 vehicle to the event and access to our audio clips for your children to explore our vehicles, trucks, and equipment.
- May I drive through multiple times? Due to time constraints and ticketed time slots to allow as many families as possible to see this event, each ticket will only allow for one entry to the event.
- Will food and drink be available for purchase? Food and drink are available for pre-purchase.
- Will birthday party packages be available this year? Yes, details are available here.
QUESTIONS: Please contact the Junior League of Phoenix at email@example.com for more information.